Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween...a day late


Happy Halloween everyone.  I hope you all had a great time.  I spent my morning with these lovely ladies.  Jennifer and Tawsha are my fellow mentors for this season of TNT.  We're all super excited for the season to start and have tons of fundraising events in the works.  Hopefully this will make it easier for our new teammates.  Some of the events on tap: murder mystery dinner party, gift wrapping at Borders, Percentage of Sales Night at California Pizza Kitchen, Holiday Movie viewing with Santa and all and more.  We're hoping to have a wine tasting party too. I know you will all want to attended these events. They are going to be a blast!  Anyway, back to the meeting.

We all meet at the REI in Boulder for a informational (after you see the video you'll have to join) meeting.  We had six people show up and five of them signed up!  The one person who didn't was there just to learn more about what TNT is all about as she is currently battling Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.  That is the same type of cancer my Uncle Ted had.  Luckily he's been in remission for more than 10 years now.  This woman took a moment to thank everyone who was at the meeting because we are all fighting to help patients just like her.  She's about to start her final round of chemotherapy next week so she will not be joining us this season, but hopes to in the near future.  Let's help her out by donating to the cause shall we? 

After the meeting, I finally found some ski boots and got ready for the rest of the evening.  Josh and I finally carved our pumpkin, made some homemade pizza and settled in for a night of scary movies and trick or treaters.  We were really surprised at how few we had this year. Maybe they all have swine flu. 

The best thing about not going out on Halloween....no hangover!  I got up and went for a quick 4 mile run, which was really tough today. I can feel my stupid cold in my chest every time I try to get moving.  I've taken the last fews days (ok almost a week) off of running to see if it gets better, but it's still being difficult. Here are my stats:

Time: 36:46        Distance: 4 miles       Avg. Pace: 9:11 min/miles

Off to a new thrift store in town to see if there's anything we just can't live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment