Thursday, October 29, 2009

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

It is officially cold and the snow is still falling.  It's been snowing now for almost two days straight and as of late last night we have just over a foot of snow at our house.  We are definitely getting an early taste of winter this year. Hopefully it will snow only during the week and be beautiful outside on Saturday mornings for our team training runs this season. 

Yesterday I decided to work from home and nurse the cold that will not just hit me completely, rather than brave the winter driving conditions. Even Lucky didn't go outside until Josh came home and made him go for a walk.  I stayed inside where it was nice and warm while they ventured out.  Poor Lucky had to jump from place to place because the snow is almost as deep as he is tall.  Pretty sure he came with springs in his legs. 

This morning I was not as smart. I looked out the window and saw that it wasn't snowing in Longmont anymore.  I got out to I-25 to start the long part of my commute and realized I should have stayed home.  As I slowly made my way to the office, slipping and sliding, I was wishing I would have stayed home in my sweatpants with Josh.  Note to self...ignore all feelings of guilt about not being in the office two days in a row next time it snows more than a foot.  Lesson learned.  So I headed home early and hung out in my sweats, under a blanket with tea in hand to finish my work for the day. Much better plan!  When I got home I made Lucky come outside with me.  He was not so happy. He looked at me shaking with his little ears down. I think he'd be happier if he had little boots and a jacket.

Best thing about living in Colorado, it's supposed to be in the 60's again this weekend. Bye bye snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment