Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!  Did you all think about what you're thankful for?  I'm thankful for a lot; my friends, family, my husband and little Lucky, my job, my house, to have the means to head to Italy this Christmas, my health and so much more! 


I hope you've all enjoyed your day as much as I have.  My day started with the United Way's Turkey Trot.  Josh, Grandma Walker, Liz, Ted, Audrey and the Schedel kids and I all headed to Wash Park about 9 am this morning.  I don't think we could have asked for a more beautiful day.  At 10:15 we were off!  After being elbowed right in the chest, I finally broke through the huge cluster and reached a comfortable pace.  The first two miles were awesome. I was enjoying the weather and the scenery.  Josh was long gone so I just listened to my iPod and people watched.  By mile three I was totally overheating.  I could feel my body starting to drag but I held on.  This was my first 4 mile race but I really liked the distance.  It was just long enough for me not to feel bad for totally gorging myself.  Here are my stats:

Time: 35:34             Distance: 4.01 miles                Average Pace: 8:54 min/mile


Overall I feel good about the race but I feel like I would have done better had I not overheated so much. I knew once we got to the starting line that I should have worn a tank top rather than my long sleeved shirt.  Josh totally kicked my butt.  He finished in 28:55 which is a 7:14 min/mile pace.  Not gonna lie I'm kinda sad that he can still beat me.  But then I remind myself that I totally have him beat in distance edurance.  Anyway, after collecting the kiddos and finding Grandma and Liz we headed home to kick off the Thanksgiving festivities.

After some spinach dip, a Hanky Panky (or two) and some cheese and crackers, it was time for the main event.  It was so good I did not want to stop eating but I had to save room for some pie.  I had a silver of pumpkin and apple and sat around the table listening to my grandpa's hilarious stories from when he was learning to ski.  Once we were all able to actually remove ourselves from our chairs, the games came out.  I probably played my worst game of Scrabble ever! 

We're all home now, plus Tom, TJ and my cousin Margie.  Tomorrow we're heading to the CU-Nebraska game in Boulder.  It's going to be another beautiful day here.  We're going to tailgate a bit and then meet up with the rest of the fam at The Harvest House on the way to the game.  It's going to be to go to the second game at Folsom Field this season where my team beats the Buffs.  Go Huskers!

No comments:

Post a Comment