Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lions, Tigers and Bears...or Airplanes?

Last weekend I conquered 8 miles. Longest run since Nashville...felt pretty good.  I started off out my front door but my stomach quickly put a stop to that. Apparently pizza, wings and beer are not a good thing to eat the night before a long run.  Oh yeah and ice cream. Almost forgot about that. 

Stats:
Time: 80 mins    Distance: 8 miles    Avg. Pace: 10 min/miles

For the week:
Time: 146 mins   Distance: 15 miles   Avg. Pace: 9:44 min/miles

Tonight I'm going to do my first speed workout. I'm actually really looking forward to it. I'm tackling 8x400s with the intervals 7:22-7:41 min/mile pace and rest in between. 



Back to the weekend. Later on Saturday we headed up to Winter Park for another night of camping.  Look at this douchy truck that was behind us. Really smoke stacks?

Anyway, lucky for us our friends Liz, Jared and Jason headed up early to claim a nicely wooded spot for us.  When we got arrived, got camp setup and got the fire going.  It's amazing how quickly it gets dark when trees completely block the sun.

Sometime around midnight Lucky was out exploring and came to a dead stop.  I swear, along with a few of our friends, that we heard growling.  Josh yelled to get Lucky. I retrieved our puppy and he, Russell and Morgan ran to Russell's truck.  Once Josh got there he called for me.  We had to make fun of him the rest of the weekend for running and leaving me behind. He swears he thought I was right behind him, but it's fun to tease him anyway. 

How would you not want to save this sweet puppy?
  
We don't know if it was a bear or an airplane as Jason said (did not sound like a plane). Regardless it was another fun time. We're working hard to make up for not going camping at all last year.  We're heading back to McConaughy again in a few weeks.  Can't wait!

We have another road trip planned this weekend.  We're heading to Dallas to pick up our new car!  We bought a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid. I'm super excited to go pick it up! We're going to fly down on Saturday morning then drive it home. Hopefully there will be some interesting things to see along the 14 hour long drive home.  We'll also be listening to French on CD to pick up some phrases for our trip. Only 6 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment