Monday, March 29, 2010

The Panic Sets In

After my long run failure yesterday of course I could not stop worrying about next weekend's run and the race to follow.  My ankle is killing me and my right knee hurts. Of course I iced and took some IB Profin, but still hurt.

Here comes 1:30 am and the panic.  I woke up and could not get back to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about how much pain I was in during the Seattle Rock N' Roll Marathon because of my tendonitis.  But it wasn't just the race I was worrying about, it was my last long run next weekend.  I cannot skip it. Yes I've run an 18 miler and a 19 miler, but I just could not mentally get my head around not doing the 21 next weekend.  I've already trained farther than I did last season, but I could not get that voice in my head to shut up.

I layed in bed for about a half hour before I got up, took some IB Profin and headed to the living room. Quick roll on my foam roller and I grabbed the frozen corn out of the freezer to ice my ankle.  I didn't get back to sleep until a little after 4 am.

Needless to say when my alarm went off at 5:45 am, I was not a happy camper.  I called my doctor's office this morning and they are faxing me a referal so that I can go back to my physical therapist.  I cannot wait for my appointment on Wednesday. Even if it doesn't do much it makes me feel better to know that I'm doing what I can to get it before it gets really bad.

I haven't crashed yet or even had any caffiene.  But as I eat my lunch I'm sure the drowsiness will set in and I'll be longing for my bed.  I'm taking tonight off from working out and making sure to R.I.C.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment