Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Day of Running

Today was supposed to be an easy run. And the run itself was easy, except my stomach did not want to cooperate and I changed where I ran three times!

I started at the gym because my stomach was already unhappy from the margaritas I had last night at dinner with my lobster who is finally home!  Well 2.5 miles in I knew there was no way I could run 10 more...it was way too hot.  I took off for McIntosh Lake just a few miles away.

I was having an awesome run when about a mile after my gel, here came my stomach again!  UGH!  I thought oh no problem, I can see the bathroom.  Ran to the door of the bathroom...locked.  Seriously, come on.  Ran to the next one, also locked.  After 7 miles, I drove home just to use the bathroom. Sad right.  I don't know why my body is rejecting gels lately. 

I was pretty hungry when I got home, so Josh and I had some lunch.  I was just going to let the food settle and then be on my way to finish the last 2.5 miles. Well I accidentally doozed off. 

About an hour later I was up and out the door.  The last 2.5 miles done!  I'm glad this was a taper week because this stupid run sucked.  I did have a great pace going though!

Here are the stats broken up: 

Dreadmill-Time:24:10 Distance: 2.5 miles Avg. Pace: 9:40 min/mile
McIntosh-Time:1:05:01 Distance: 7 miles Avg Pace: 9:17 min/mile
Neighborhood-Time: 22:57 Distance: 2.52 miles Avg. Pace: 9:06 min/mile

Totals:

Time: 1:52:08   Distance: 12 miles    Avg. Pace: 9:20 min/miles

I would rather just have done all the miles at the same time, but it was just not in the cards for me today.  Next week is Mission Day so I'm excited to run with the team again.  All of the Front Range teams are meeting near my high school for a huge group run.  It's going to be one of my longest runs of the season...about 20 miles or how ever far I can run in 3.5 hours.  I'm hoping I hit 20 miles and GDF doesn't get in my way.  After the run we'll be enjoying breakfast and celebrating our honored teammates, people in remission, battling cancer and those who lost their battle before we could find a cure.  I missed it last year because I was injured, but I'm not missing it this time!

Injury Update: My ankle feels fine for the most part once I start running and I have it taped.  Running outside today at McIntosh I felt so great.  It was nice to have the wind in my hair and the sun on my face.  Plus, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to maintain a pace under 9:30 min/mile.  It didn't hurt that the only hills around the lake are tiny.  Canyonlands is going to be a rude awakening.  At least the Nashville course is fairly flat with just baby hills and just 500 feet above sea level.

No comments:

Post a Comment