Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why I do TNT

I read this article from a doctor in Philadelphia today.  There are a lot of reasons that I participate in Team in Training:
  • It's fun. You get to meet your teammates for Saturday morning training runs and weekday track practice.  I've met some of the most amazing people through TNT and I'm so blessed to have them in my life.
  • I'm doing something for others and myself at the same time.  I may get the physical benefits of running, but in the process I am raising money to help find a cure, help families that are struggling to pay their bills and help patients have a better quality of life. 
  • It really does make a difference.  Many of you already know about the drug, Gleevec which was funded by LLS.  It helps patients fighting chronic myelogenous leukemia which strikes 5000 people each year, keep the cancer under control as long as they are on it.  Just today, another drug was approved for treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia.  Arzerra, produced by GlaxoKlineSmith, was fast tracked for approval by the FDA. 
If you needed more reasons to donate, there they are. Please help me make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment