Sunday, December 13, 2009

Show Success

Man, trade shows are exhausting.  I've been going back and forth from the convention center all weekend/week.  At least I have lovely Christmas decorations to look at. The Bellagio is decked out.






The show is going really well so far.  It's pretty apparent that attendance is down but we've gotten some great leads.  You know what's crazy, I saw my roommate from my freshman year of college at the show!  Anne Elise is in her final year of pharmacy school and was at the show to find a residency.  Next year we're going to have to get together since we both know we'll be there.  Doesn't our booth look awesome?


After a long day of work nothing is better than a delicious meal right?  On Monday night we went to Prime Steakhouse at the hotel.  So delicious!  Josh and I rarely eat red meat but since I was at a steakhouse I couldn't pass it up.  I knew on Tuesday we'd probably have another big meal so after the show I made sure that I got in my run for the day. I had an awesome tempo run.  Here are the stats:

Time: 35 minutes      Distance: 3.7 miles       Average Pace: 9:28 min/miles

For this run I warmed up at 10 min pace for 5 minutes, then did 25 minutes at 9:13 min pace with a 5 minutes cooldown at 10 min pace.  Maybe it was because I wasn't a mile high or maybe I'm just getting faster because the run was a breeze. 

It was a good thing I went for that run because we had a huge dinner at Olives.  I got to eat with our President and the CEO of our entire company along with a few of the sales guys.  It was pretty cool getting to eat and chat up the bosses.  I had the most delicious savoury short rib raviolis with carmelized onions and mushroom sauce. 

After dinner we decided to meet up with a couple other people at Lavo at The Palazzo hotel.  Now that was an experience.  I went with my boss, our CEO of the company, and three other sales people.  It was hilarious and a lot of fun.  I never thought I'd be dancing with the head of my company.  When we got home around 2am I was exhausted and went straight to bed.

What a night.

Now I'm finally home and so glad. I missed my lobster and puppy and my own bed.  Josh was so sweet and brought home some flowers for me.  I think he may have missed me.  :-)  Now making sure I'm sticking to my training schedule of course I needed to get in my interval run for the week, so we headed to the gym.

5 minute warm-up-10:54 min/mile
1 minute- 7:30 min/mile
1 minute-10:54 min/mile
2 minutes-7:30 min/mile
1 minute-10:54 min/mile
1 minute- 7:30 min/mile
1 minute-10:54 min/mile
2 minutes-7:30 min/mile
1 minute-10:54 min/mile
1 minute- 7:30 min/mile
1 minute-10:54 min/mile
2 minutes-7:30 min/mile
1 minute-10:54 min/mile
1 minute- 7:30 min/mile
1 minute-10:54 min/mile
2 minutes-7:30 min/mile
1 minute-10:54 min/mile
1 minute-7:30 min/mile
4 minute cooldown-10:54 min/mile

Time: 30 minutes      Distance: 3.4 miles     Average Pace: 8:49 min/miles

Not gonna lie, this was a bit more challenging than my last interval run.  I was definitely grunting the last sprint minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment