Friday, December 4, 2009

And I'm off....to Vegas

Last night I had an awesome tempo run. I actually think I need to speed up to really feel the burn  Here's what I did:

5 minute warm-up @ 10:07 min/mile pace
20 minutes @ 9:22 min/mile pace
5 minute cooldown @ 10:07 min.mile pace

Total Time: 30 minutes   Distance: 3.12 miles   Average Pace: 9:37 min/miles

After the nice short run I went home to a sick Josh and made some delicious chicken, black bean and corn enchiladas.  The rest of the night was spent preparing for my trip and spending some time with my boys before I had to head out this morning.


Now I'm sitting in the airport right now waiting to board my flight to Vegas.  Man this morning came way too early!  I knew I had to get up at 4:30 in order to be able to eat something real quick, load the car and get to the airport on time.  Well apparently my brain decided that I should wake up at 2:30 am instead. after about an hour and a half of restlessness I was finally able to sleep for a whole half hour before my alarm went off.  Needless to say I'll be sleeping on the plane. Too bad it's such a short flight.

I'm headed to Vegas for the American Society of Health-System Pharmacy Annual Midyear tradeshow.  This is going to be my first show in Vegas since leaving Sycamore Kids.  It's going to be so strange not having Alan there to enjoy margaritas after a hard day of setup and delicious Indian food from a hole in the wall place that I can never remember the name of, but can always find.  It should be a good time though.  We do get to stay at the Bellagio.  Not to worry, I'll post pictures of my hotel room.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get a room on the fountain side, but I probably won't.  That's ok, I'll still feel like I'm living in the lap of luxury.


I'm the only one out there until the rest of the crew joins me on Sunday.  Josh's parents Jim and Nancy are going to be in Vegas this weekend too.  Nancy is running the Las Vegas Rock N' Roll Marathon with hopes that she'll qualify for Boston.  I wish I were running it, at least the half but I'm making sure that I'm not pushing myself to do too much.  By the end of this year (really in 10 months) I'll have run two half marathons and two marathons.  Anyway, I'm going to tag along with Jim to cheer her on.  I think she'll be able to qualify.  In order to qualify she'll need to finish the marathon under 4 hours and 15 minutes.  That's an average pace of about 9: 45 min/miles.  When she does, Josh and I are planning to head to Boston to cheer her on in the ultimate marathon.  It's the one that every marathoner strives for.  Me, it's not even on my radar yet.  In order to qualify I'd have to be able to run a marathon in under 3 hours and 40 minutes.  Eek!  That is fast.

Almost time to board which means it's almost nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment