Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Life Is Short

For some reason today I knew I needed to talk to my friend Rachael.  She no longer has messenger at work so our daily musing on work, life, etc. have been cutoff.  Anyway, I sent her a text to let her know I was thinking about her and we needed to catch up because I felt like I had no idea what was happening in her life. I got a response with very bad news. Rachael's best friend, love of her life, style and soul twin, Jason had an aneurisym last night which caused a massive seizure. Luckily they were able to get him to the hospital and he underwent brain surgery this morning.  Though he made it through surgery it's a grave situation.  At this point the doctors have no idea if or when he'll wake up.  He'll remain in the ICU until he shows signs of stabilization.  They told Rache and Jason's family that his chance of survival is about 50% for the next 30 days. If he can make it through the next 30 days, he'll have a higher chance of survival.  I figure that a 50% chance is better than no chance, but Rachael was right when she said that the Jason she knew and loved could be gone forever.  Because of the aneurisym and seizure it's likely that he'll have some brain damage. 

This is just so sad. Here I am worrying about not being able to finish the race in Nashville, which is now under water, and complaining about my stupid injuries which are nothing compared to what Jason and his family are now going through.  Not just his family but all the people that love him.  Life is short.  Anything can happen.  Jason was happy, healthy and now he is in a hospital bed fighting for his life.

Please send your thoughts and prayers his way.  Remember to tell the people you love just how much they mean to you today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment